Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Carter's Yoga Practice

A little sleep history from our house...the boys used to fall asleep in the same room...until they stopped falling asleep in the same room.
.
Then we let Carter go to sleep first, and afterwards, put Logan to bed...until Carter took 2 hours to go to sleep.
.
THEN we had Carter go to sleep upstairs and Logan downstairs; once Carter was asleep, we had Logan move upstairs (or we carried him if need be).
.
But, lately they've wanted to "go to sleep" at the same time. And since I don't usually have to wake them in order for me to be to work by 7:00 anymore, we decided to give it a whirl. Sometimes all goes well...but usually not. Sometimes they just chat a little....or giggle a lot...but other times they're jumping off the bed, screaming and who knows what else before we intervene! So, last night was no different and Logan had to move downstairs for a while. I knew Carter was tired, so I didn't think it would take long. As I closed the door, I heard a stubborn "I'm not going to sleep."


At about 10:00, I crept upstairs to peek on our little jumping bean and lo and behold, he had in fact succumbed to Mr. Sandman...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Kinda looks like he was trying to sit up to resist falling asleep and either laid down...or fell and hit his head????

No comments: