Monday, June 2, 2008

Volcanic activity in Alaska!

For my birthday, I received a gift certificate at Cornerstone Books and Supply (a store that has lots of "school" stuff). I had spent several different afternoons in there trying to decide what treasure to select with my certificate. After sifting through all the math books, phonics CDs, educational games, I made the perfect selection: a book and CD entitled "Gross and Annoying Songs for all ages". The book includes the lyrics to the songs such as "Greasy, Grimy Gopher Guts" and "Road Kill Stew" (these are sure to be number 1 hits someday). It also has science experiments, jokes and pranks, recipes and lots of other disgusting things little boys enjoy. So, after leafing through the pages, I decided to use up the modeling clay Logan had gotten a while ago by making a volcano. After much anticipation over baking the fluorescent blue, pink, purple, yellow and green volcano, we were ready to put it to the test. A little baking soda, dish soap, food coloring and vinegar later, we had a few successful eruptions. Lets hope I don't pull out any recipe that calls for baking soda before I make another trip to the store!





No comments: