Friday, May 23, 2008

Boys will be boys

As long as the weather's been nice, we've continued on our "house projects", especially the outdoor ones. The boys are usually quite content playing outside with their swingset and sandbox. Yesterday started no differently, except that Logan had a nuclear meltdown when Carter dumped out the water from their water toy. Apparently there's a water shortage that I'm unaware of. So, I told Logan he could fill up one bucket of water and refill the water toy. I then walked away to do other things in the garage (I know...I may have a master's degree, but I'm not too bright!). About 10 minutes later, I peeked over the fence to see them backing up their dump truck, wheelbarrow and four buckets...all in line to be filled up with water. By bedtime, they were soaked from the waist down and we had a small lake in our back yard.

Making mud.

So when they had to come in, Ryan picked each one of them up and I stripped off their pants and threw them into the laundry room sink. After doing laundry this morning, I discovered a small treasure in my washing machine, courtesty of Carter's obsession:

Washed rocks, anyone?

I decided they must get their love for water from their Daddy. He does his fair share of laundry, vacuuming and cleaning the counters, but I don't believe he's ever scrubbed a toilet. However, he will spend hours power washing the driveway. I don't try to make sense of it...maybe if someone invented a power dustcloth...

"Don't walk on the driveway; I just washed it."

No comments: