Monday, May 5, 2008

An Alaskan Spring???

Imagine, if you will, that you are sound asleep under the covers, dreaming about your "happy place." You awaken to "MOM! I wanna go outside." You look at the clock...6:04. Aaaaaah, the reality of living with two little boys. For the last three days, this is how my day has started. They don't seem to care that it's only 40 degrees outside...or that there's still snow on the ground. They just want to be out of the house. So, out of the house they go. However, it takes a little more preparation than when we were in Arizona last month. We dig out the winter jackets and boots that I was hoping to shove into the crawlspace and bundle them up in everything but snowpants. I fill my pockets with a fistful of kleenex (clean ones in the right pocket, used in the left).

On Saturday, they had played on the swings and slide, gone for a wagon ride and Logan had dug halfway to China with his excavator...all by the time I left for bible study at 8:45. Thankfully, we fenced in our backyard last summer, so it is possible for them to be outside for a few minutes by themselves without too much worry of moose or bear.

Just a swingin'




You never know when they're might be a shovel shortage, so hold on tightly!

Good thing he doesn't really have to see to go down the slide...gravity works.

So after freezing a few fingers, they were finally bribed into coming indoors to make a watermelon cookie...sugar cookie with frosting (and chocolate chips for "seeds"). Here's to summer!


1 comment:

Tiffany and Brian said...

So the cookies look summery but the coats just give it away. Don't worry it's not all that nice down here right now but that will change this weekend. We do have green grass and my garden is sprouting. I guess the people that read your blog haven't figured out how to comment. Hope you're having fun being a SAHM. I put that on something that asked for my occupation. The doctor was so confused SAHM/ OT. Lots of credentials. Take care