Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The latest sewing attempt

So now I'm on the lookout for new things to try to sew. I love JoAnn's clearance section. No sense screwing up on the good stuff. I do love to go into the "nicer" fabric stores and dream a little...and then gag at the prices and enter back into Earth's atmosphere.

My latest endeavor was to make tote bags for the boys. My deadline was Thursday as Ryan and I are planning on going to Aleyska and Anchorage this weekend (provided Mt. Redoubt doesn't BLOW our plans...literally!). I played around with buttons and magnets, both of which I would now do a little differently, but such is how I learn. The fabric was left over from when I made some crib bedding for Logan (remember way back when Logan was a baby???...me neither).
We'll see how they hold up packing for a weekend with the grandparents. They should work alright, considering Logan is still telling me how "perfect" his backpack is. My next project? Water bottle holders for the boys...then a backpack for Carter, since he's been asking for one ever since I made Logan's. I think I'm subconsciously avoiding it; I made the mistake of letting him pick out the fabric - Smoky grey corduroy to compliment the bright yellow fabric with little green John Deere tractors on it. Lovely.

No comments: